You slid on it as a child, and your kids will continue sliding on this slide for years to come!
Which slide is that? Well, the classic straight slide! This slide is universal in its wavy design and is synonymous with playground fun.
King Swings offers two types of this slide; the waterfall slide and the avalanche slide. Which one is better? Which will serve your needs just fine?
Here is the answer in a snapshot for you. Both slides are great, but if you live in abnormally warm areas, are planning to use the swing set yourself, have bigger kids, or have little kids who are a bit timid about slides, go with the Avalanche slide.
Keep reading for the reason behind my answer!
The Waterfall Slide
The waterfall slide is a classic slide. It has seen various design iterations through the years, but the concept has been the same: make a slide that is economical and functional. Here is what you need to know about the waterfall slide:
- It is inexpensive. You can easily do multiple slides for races without driving your budget through the roof.
- It is relatively sturdy. All the years of development have made a slide that is great for kids and can support adults up to 220 lbs.
- It is fast!
- In abnormally hot areas, it can bow.
- The slide ends abruptly. This makes newbies land on their seat the first few times they go down, but they quickly learn to catch themselves.
The Avalanche Slide
The Avalanche slide takes the idea of a waterfall slide but improves it. The slide is strong, durable, and great for all ages! Here is what you need to know about the avalanche slide:
- While more expensive than the waterfall slide, you gain a lot of strength. It can handle adults up to 250 lbs.
- It is made right here in Pennsylvania, about 20 minutes from our location!
- The avalanche slide has higher edges on the sides.
- It has a safety lip at the bottom to help new playground users come to a full stop before the slide ends.
- With the extra strength, it can handle high heat.
There you have it! To sum everything up, the waterfall slide is a great slide for the majority of swing set users, but if you want the best, need the extra strength, or live in a very hot state, go with the avalanche slide!
You can find the waterfall slide here!
You can find the avalanche slide here!